Title: Box Office Associate—Part-time
Reports to: Director of Ticketing and Customer Relations
Description: The primary duty of the Box Office Associate is to assist patrons with ticket purchases during the daily operation of the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra’s box office. The Box Office Associate exercises discretion and independent judgment in resolving problems and ticketing issues to the satisfaction of the customer. They are expected to work assigned nights and weekends as needed.
- Helps to ensure that all patrons receive good customer service and have a positive experience when purchasing tickets to the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra by using customer service techniques, successfully operating the company’s box office software, complying with all reasonable customer requests, and using discretion and independent judgment in solving problems quickly and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Participates in box office operations including subscription processing, group, and single ticket sales, answering phones, printing and mailing tickets, processing returns/donations and complimentary ticket requests, and working in the box office for performances.
- Along with other box office staff, assists with revenue generation projects, up-selling, and cross-selling.
- Responds to patron emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Customer service or retail experience.
- Excellent phone manner.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Able to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and Concerts in the Garden (June – July)
- Experience with Tessitura software is preferred but not required.
This is a part-time position with a competitive hourly rate and complimentary ticket access.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with Box Office Associate position in the subject line. No phone calls, please.