The Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra recognizes the importance of protecting our environment, and has taken steps to ensure the Concerts In The Garden music festival does its part to promote environmental sustainability.
All refuse stations throughout the venue include an Eco Team Recycle Bin, where patrons can recycle their empty glass, plastic, and paper products. In the last ten years, CITG has recycled almost 60 tons of materials!
In addition to our recycling efforts, our partnership with the City is being extended this year to give continuity to the collection of food waste at our special event, this time as part of the new City of Fort Worth Residential Food Scrap Composting Pilot Program. Patrons will be encouraged to dispose of all of their event food waste in special collection buckets, helping us get closer to reaching our goal for a zero-waste event and diverting waste away from our City’s landfill. We are proud to partner with the City of Fort Worth’s “Keep Fort Worth Beautiful” program and look forward to composting and recycling even more this year with YOUR help!
As an Eco Team member volunteer you will:
- Arrive at the concert venue by 5:45pm
- Stand/sit at your designated post from 6:30pm - 10:30pm and assist patrons with recycling and composting their picnic materials
- Empty the recycling and composting bins when it’s full and put in a fresh bag
- After the concert, you will assist the Eco Team Manager and other Eco Team Members with loading the full bags onto carts
- Choose anywhere from just 1 to all 17 concerts listed below to volunteer at
- Sense of humor, and a helpful positive attitude in dealing with staff, volunteers, and patrons
- Comfortable standing for periods of time outdoors in a Texas summer evening
- Be 14 years of age or older
- Comfortable interacting with patrons
- Can lift a full recycling bag (25 lb.) onto a golf cart
- Attend Volunteer Training Meeting on Thursday, May 28 at 7:30pm at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- Can be on site for your concert shift from 5:45pm - 11:00pm